IT Services will be renewing the certificates for Radius servers tomorrow morning
(2nd February) at 9am.
What on Earth does this mean?
It means that your Eduroam connection may break and either:
- you will be prompted to accept a new Radius certificate on your computer / phone / tablet device, and/or
- you will be prompted to enter your REMOTE ACCESS credentials on your computer / phone / tablet device.
If you still cannot get connected then you may need to reinstall the certificates using the Eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT)
- Connect the OWL wireless network and then open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit the Eduroam CAT website at :
- Click the “eduroam user: download your eduroam installer” button at the bottom of the webpage
- Search “University of Oxford” – installers for other institutions will not work with your OXFORD credentials!
- You will then be presented with various installers – choose your operating system
- Once the installer has downloaded run the installer program
- When prompted for username and password make sure you append @OX.AC.UK to your username
- Once installed (and you are within range of an Eduroam Wireless network!) you may be prompted to enter your user credentials again – as a final security check; after which your computer / device will remember your password so you don’t have to keep typing it in.