We strongly recommend Eduroam to all our Staff, Fellows and Students – once configured you can connect to “free” wireless all over Oxford as well as other Eduroam hotspots around the UK and the rest of the world.
Get online with Eduroam
- Register for a REMOTE ACCESS account at :
- Visit the Eduroam CAT website at :
- Click the “eduroam user: download your eduroam installer” button at the bottom of the webpage
- Search “University of Oxford” – installers for other institutions will not work with your OXFORD credentials!
- You will then be presented with various installers – choose your operating system
- Once the installer has downloaded run the installer program
- When prompted for username and password make sure you append @OX.AC.UK to your username
- Once installed (and you are within range of an Eduroam Wireless network!) you may be prompted to enter your user credentials again – as a final security check; after which your computer / device will remember your password so you don’t have to keep typing it in.
The advantage of Eduroam wireless over the OWL wireless is that :
- you don’t have to run VPN software to get online;
- you don’t have to keep typing your password in each time you want to connect;
- it is available all over Oxford – as well as Educational Institutions around the UK and other parts of world.
Learn more – Get Connected cheatsheet for Queen’s College students