We are getting reports of a number of email “phishing” scams requesting users to provide their WebMail account details.
1) DO NOT give your account details to anyone.
2) The Queen’s College IT Office and the OUCS Helpdesk will NEVER ask for your password.
3) Email is NOT secure – you should NEVER send passwords, credit card or banking details via email.
4) DO NOT click web links within emails – always validate the address in your web browser.
5) If you are in any doubt about the validity of an email claiming to be from a member of the University or College please contact the person by telephone (using the Oxford University Directory NOT the number on the email!).
You can report Phishing emails to OUCS security – email@example.com