Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2012 and yet another Hilary Term.
QUESTIONS QUESTION QUESTIONS – COMING UP
- Is your Anti-Virus software up-to-date?
- Is your computer still getting software and security updates?
- Have you remembered to uninstall the P2P and File Sharing software that your brother / sister / boyfriend / girlfriend or polyamorous family member installed on your computer over the season’s festivities without you knowing anything about! Gosh how did that get there!?
- Do you have a back up of your work / photos / music / computer?
- Need ideas of places to store your backups?
- Have you brought ALL your computer equipment – including your computer’s recovery and re-install DVDs?
- Have you got your Ethernet cable?
- Have you got your laptop’s power supply, cable and adapter?
- Have you remembered to bring your mobile phone charger?
- Don’t tell me you forgot your toothbrush!
If the answer to any of the question above is “no” then let us know – we may be able to help! 🙂
NB – If you had a new computer over Christmas (lucky you) – remember that you will need to register it via PacketFence and will therefore need to know your REMOTE ACCESS credentials.
Marc and I wish you a very happy New Year and a successful Hilary Term 2012.