The Kindle Fire (released October 2012) supports the security protocols required to connect to Eduroam. Unfortunately previous versions of the Kindle are not compatible with Eduroam.
There is no Eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (Eduroam CAT) for the Kindle Fire so you will need to set up Eduroam manually. The instructions below are based on the Kindle Fire HD.
To connect your Kindle Fire HD to eduroam:
- Click on the settings icon top right of the screen then choose Wi-Fi
- Make sure Wi-Fi is on
- From the list of available networks, choose eduroam
You will now need to verify/enter the following details:
- EAP method = PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication = None
- CA Certificate = unspecified
- User Certificate = unspecified
- Identity = Oxford University username followed by @OX.AC.UK
- Anonymous Identity = blank
- Password = REMOTE ACCESS password
- Tap Connect.
Your Kindle Fire should now be connected to eduroam.