Another round of phishing in Oxford. …sigh…
This one is particularly interesting as it specifically targets the University.
Just be on the look out for curve ball emails like this one.
General phishing advice
- be on the look out for emails containing dire warnings (eg your account will be deleted!)
- look out for emails that ask you to provide personal information
- don’t reply to phishing emails
- don’t follow links within emails
- never reveal passwords
- never send credit card / bank details via email
- use your common sense!
Learn more about Phishing here – http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/email/phishing/index